Micha Siegel is gearing up for the upcoming Smart Ride, a two-day,165-mile bike ride from Miami to Key West, with proceeds benefiting the Children's Diagnostic and Treatment Center and other South Florida organizations who support patients living with HIV/AIDS. Meet Micha.
Name: Micha Siegel
Title and Department: Marketing Manager, Corporate Marketing
- What I do at Broward Health: I’m the regional marketing liaison to BHCS, BHN, BH Foundation and CDTC, assisting with their internal and external marketing needs.
- Years at Broward Health: 1 year
- What motivates me to come to work each day: Knowing that I can have an impact on a potential patient’s healthcare by helping them become aware of the high-quality services provided by Broward Health, as well as creating greater access to and knowledge of the care we offer.
- My favorite Broward Health moment: My favorite moment was during the CDTC Basket Brigade, seeing all of the volunteers work together to package and deliver food to those in need for Thanksgiving.
- What motivates me to be a part of the SMART Ride: My motivation for the SMART Ride is helping to bring awareness to an issue that most people don't consider being a serious health concern anymore. By participating in fundraising and riding, I hope I can share the ongoing need for HIV/AIDS awareness and funding for research.
- What’s the most challenging part of participating in the Ride: My most challenging part of the ride is the time commitment to train and wanting to spend time with my two little girls, Sarah, 5, and Hannah, 2, on the weekend.
- What I am most looking forward to about the Ride: I’m looking forward to spending two days riding and being on the road with the CDTC Cyclones.
- What’s on my playlist: A little of everything, except country. Everything from classic rock like Aerosmith and Journey, to metal like Metallica to pop like Imagine Dragons.
- What I’m most proud of personally or professionally: I’m most proud of my two little girls and watching them develop their own personalities while teaching them how to treat everyone equally and with respect.
The SMART Ride is a two-day,165-Mile bike ride from Miami to Key West that will take place on November 15 and 16. Proceeds from the event benefit the Children's Diagnostic & Treatment Center and other South Florida organizations who support patients living with HIV/AIDS. Learn more about how you can support the CDTC Cyclones.