January 17, 2017:
Fort Lauderdale, FL -- Two patients injured in the Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport incident were released from Broward Health Medical Center: One patient, a gunshot victim, remains hospitalized in serious condition.
January 11, 2017:
Fort Lauderdale, FL -- One patient injured in the Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport incident was released from Broward Health Medical Center. A total of three patients remain hospitalized, two of whom were gunshot victims. Of these three patients, one patient remains hospitalized in good condition, one patient remains hospitalized in serious condition and one patient remains hospitalized in critical condition.
January 10, 2017:
Fort Lauderdale, FL -- One patient injured in the Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport incident was released from Broward Health Medical Center. A total of four patients remain hospitalized, three of whom were gunshot victims. Of these four patients, two patients remain hospitalized in good condition and two patients remain hospitalized in critical condition.
January 6, 2017:
Fort Lauderdale, FL -- As a Level I Trauma Center, Broward Health Medical Center received six trauma patients directly related to the incident at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. The first patient came to us at 1:21pm.
For more information and assistance:
- In response to the tragic events that unfolded at the Fort Lauderdale Airport on Friday, January 6, 2017, Broward Health Medical Center has received many requests from the community about how to make donations. You may click here to make a tax-deductible donation to support the lifesaving work of Broward Health. Your donation can be made in memory of those that lost their lives in the airport shooting incident, or in honor of our trauma team that provided outstanding medical care to victims of this tragedy. Thank you for your generous support.
- For information about personal item retrieval from Fort Lauderdale Airport, call 1-866-435-9356.
- Passengers and family members affected by the shooting at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport can use a toll-free number for the latest information. They can call the Broward County Call Center at 866-435-9355. It will be open extended hours beginning Friday, 1/6/2017, until further notice.
- A Family Assistance Center has been set up at the Renaissance Hotel, 1617 SE 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. The hotel number is 954-626-1700.
- Red Cross in Fort Lauderdale can be reached at 954-797-3800.
- News Release from Board of Commissioners of Broward County, Florida
- Broward County Sheriff's Office