What Defines Exceptional at Coral Springs
At Broward Health Coral Springs, we focus on expert clinical care for your maternity experience – and we make sure Moms and babies are as comfortable as possible. With dedicated teams ready 24/7 for any medical need and a private Labor Delivery Recovery section, we make sure you have a customized and celebratory approach to labor and delivery. To get started on your maternity care, we provide quick access to the Broward Health patient portal for convenient online registration planning.
You Can Count on Us to Take Care of Everything
Whether you need our clinical expertise for delivery or neonatal care – or just some of our many labor and delivery amenities, our Broward Health maternity team at Coral Springs will care for any need.
We’re here for you! This service will help coordinate and guide you through all the resources available. Our concierge will help ease the processes of maternity registration, enrolling for prenatal classes, tours, childbirth education classes, and answer any questions or concerns that may arise. Contact our Childbirth Concierge who will guide you through this exciting journey! Call 954.344.2229 (BABY) or email BHCSdelivers@BrowardHealth.org.
Specialized care and services include:
- A dedicated 24/7 maternity entrance for expectant mothers and family.
- The “Celebration Package” is available to order for that extra special touch of pampering.
- Our private Labor Delivery Recovery (LDR) suites are designed to give families privacy and comfort. All suites are equipped with customizable lighting and room temperature, sleep accommodations for your partner, headwalls that conceal medical equipment, centralized fetal and labor monitoring, and specialized birthing beds and labor support equipment. Water births are also available. Please check with your healthcare provider.
- 24-hour On-Site Anesthesia & OB Hospitalist.
- Mother/Baby Unit – After your recovery/delivery, you will be transferred for the remainder of your stay to our all-private room mother/baby unit with sleep accommodations for your partner and couplet care.
- Lactation Support – Our nurses are trained to assist with breastfeeding during your hospital stay. We encourage you to take a lactation class to understand what to expect and for up-to-date breastfeeding information to help provide a positive and successful experience. If questions or challenges occur, a board-certified Lactation Consultant is available to help with all your needs.
- Couplet Care – Mother and baby stay together from childbirth to discharge. Couplet care is an evidence-based best practice that facilitates family bonding, supports successful breastfeeding and enhances the experience of childbirth.
- Perinatal Unit – Dedicated beds with advanced maternal/fetal monitoring equipment are staffed with nurses experienced in perinatal care. This unit is available for maternity patients who need close observation during the antepartum period.
- Our Level II Neonatal Unit provides private suites and sleep accommodations for a parent to sleep – all located just steps away from the mother/baby unit. The unit is staffed on a 24-hour basis by neonatologists and highly skilled nurses who provide expert care for any baby needing special attention, for high-risk cases or if complications arise.
- Neonatal Follow-up Program – Babies admitted to NICU for an extended time or premature infants are often medically at-risk or need special services. Babies discharged from the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit receive follow-up care and screening to ensure they grow and learn optimally.
- Transition to Home – We provide a review of new parent information prior to discharge. Topics include breastfeeding basics, baby bath demonstration, safe sleeping, activities and proper nutrition, mom and baby care and when to call your doctor.
- Physical Therapy during pregnancy and postpartum (doctor prescription required).
Support Services For Moms After Your Hospital Stay
A board-certified Lactation Consultant is available to assist you after you leave the hospital with ongoing support and consultation. We provide a FREE breastfeeding support group weekly every Monday and Thursday at 1pm. For more information or to schedule a fee based private appointment, please call 954.575.6455 (MILK).
Breast Pump Rentals and Sales
Electric breast pumps are available to rent. During regular business hours, the lactation consultant is available to guide you with your decision based on your needs regarding the rental or purchase of a breast pump. For more information on our breast pump sales and rentals, please call 954.575.6455 (MILK) and our friendly Lactation Consultants will be available to assist you.
Donor Milk Availability
BHCS is proud to partner with the Mother’s Milk Bank of Florida to provide pasteurized donor breast milk to infants in need. Please call one of our lactation consultants at 954.575.6455 (MILK) to learn more about our Donor Milk program. Click here