Quality Care for Your Child’s Diabetic Needs
The Broward Health Pediatric Diabetes Outpatient Centers offers comprehensive care for children with diabetes to address all the needs of our patients and their families. Our goal is to provide the necessary resources to help our patients continue the activities they loved prior to diagnosis as well as guide them in managing their diabetes around their normal routines.
Your Comprehensive Pediatric Diabetes Care Team
Our pediatric diabetes care program offers a comprehensive team of specialists including pediatric endocrinologists, nutritionists, psychologists, and certified diabetes educators who can be seen in one visit.
- Oversees the patient’s medical care team.
- Helps you achieve the best diabetes control to meet the ADA goal Hemoglobin A1C of 7.5%.
- Manages any other endocrine disorders.
Certified Diabetes Educator:
- Reviews blood sugars and trends.
- Helps guide families in managing high blood sugars and low blood sugars.
- Demonstrates continuous glucose monitors and the different methods of insulin administration including syringes, insulin pens, and insulin pumps.
- Helps your child maintain a healthy diet through meal planning for the entire family.
- Teaches and reviews carbohydrate counting.
- Explains how to safely manage holidays such as Halloween or Thanksgiving, or special occasions (e.g., birthday parties, barbecues, etc.)
- Supports patients and families during diagnosis and helps them cope.
- Discusses medication adherence, anxiety, depression, and overall mental health with families.
Camp Coral Kids
For more than 20 years, Broward Health Coral Springs has been the home of South Florida’s only day camp for children with diabetes. At Camp Coral Kids, children ages 5½-11 years old with diabetes can connect with other children who understand what they are going through in a fun, educational, and medically supervised environment.
The two exciting weeks at Camp Coral Kids include:
- Fun outings
- Carb counting
- Nutrition and snacks
- Diabetes games
- And much more!
For more information on Camp Coral Kids, call 954.344.3344.
Why Choose Broward Health?
The Broward Health Pediatric Diabetes Center is a comprehensive outpatient center offering a team approach to diabetes care that addresses all the needs pediatric patients and their families may have.
Our comprehensive, collaborative approach to diabetes education will help guide you and your child through nutrition requirements, insulin pump programs, glucose monitoring, and everything else you need to help your family with diabetes care.
Meet Our Team
Blanco, Ernesto J., MD
Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatrics
1625 SE 3rd Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Cossio, Sissi E., MD
2825 N State Rd 7
Margate, FL 33063
See the full list of our doctors related to this service line in our Find a Doctor tool.View More Doctors