Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
What We Treat:
- Diabetic and pressure ulcers
- Post surgical non-healing wounds
- Radiation injuries
- Traumatic wounds
- Ulcers caused by circulation problems
How We Treat:
based on the most effective treatment options. There are multiple diagnostic and treatment modalities that may be utilized by our professional staff. Some may include:
- Diabetic Education
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Laboratory Evaluation
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nutritional Management
- Orthopedic Services
- Pain Management
- Radiology (MRI)
Once a treatment plan has been initiated, you will visit the Center on a regular basis for wound care evaluation on the progress of your healing. You will also be fully instructed on how to do your own wound care at home between visits, as well as how to protect your wound from further injury.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a treatment in which the patient breathes 100 percent oxygen inside a pressurized chamber. The therapy quickly delivers high concentrations of oxygen to the bloodstream, accelerating the healing rate of wounds and is effective in fighting certain types of infections. It also stimulates the growth of new blood vessels, improving circulation, helping to prevent future problems.
- The Centers have 46-inch Sigma Plus hyperbaric chambers. When relaxing inside the chamber, patients can watch television or a movie while receiving their treatments, which last approximately two hours.
- It usually takes about 30-40 hyperbaric treatments to treat a hypoxic wound.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is commonly used for:
- Chronic bone infections
- Preparation and preservation of skin grafts and flaps
- Diabetic wound of the lower extremity
- Radiation damage to soft tissue and bone
A Team of Wound Care Specialists
The Center for Wound Care is designed to complement your physician’s services, and is committed to the treatment of difficult, non-healing wounds. Our certified hyperbaric medicine personnel have over 35 years’ experience working with chambers, ensuring your treatment is expertly handled.
The Center is made up of a team of professionals that includes:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management
- Wound Care certified nursing staff
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing
Please contact a member of our staff with any questions you may have:Broward Health North: 954-876-2760
Broward Health Coral Springs: (Wound Care only) 954-344-3206
Broward Health Imperial Point: 954- 776-8920
The Latest Technology
Broward Health is one of the few public healthcare systems in the nation to implement a Barcoded Medication Administration System (BCMA). This advanced BCMA records, tracks and ensures the correct medications are delivered in the prescribed dosage and time, to the right patient. With the use of a simple barcoded wristband, patients can see the system at work and are reassured by the added safety measure. BCMA enables caregivers to work more efficiently and demonstrates Broward Health's commitment to patient safety.
Find a Doctor
We can match you to a doctor based on your location, language preference, and more. The search results will provide more ways to narrow your search.